COVID-19 OPERATIONAL CHANGES BEGIN 5.15.20
It has been our practice to wash all boats, life vests and paddles and allow to air dry in the hot sun, since the inception of our business. For your additional safety, we will practice safe distancing, restrict number of folks congregating and — with your cooperation — reduce the need to complete paperwork.
- To reduce the need to complete paperwork upon arrival (eliminating the use of pens, paper, clipboards etc.) all participants are expected to read:
In a nutshell: “Instead of completing liability waivers upon entering the property of BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals, you, (and all guests), are expressly agreeing to obey all rules/terms/ recommendations/conditions, and release owners, agents etc., of any and all liabilities resulting from damages to your property or personal damages from injuries or illnesses of any kind. In addition: You break? You pay.”“River Rick”
- After reservations are confirmed, one individual is to act as “leader” and legibly write on a sheet of paper all participants’ emergency contact info to present to “River Rick” upon arrival :
- Names & Ages
- Complete Addresses & Telephone Numbers (including area codes)
- Driver’s Licenses Numbers and State Origins
- Date and Time of Confirmed Reservation
SOCIAL DISTANCE PROTOCOLS:
- Arriving guests are requested to HONK LOUDLY when entering the property and wait to receive parking instructions.
- Once parked, all guests are to STAY INSIDE VEHICLE until invited to exit.
- Please keep 6-ft distance from any other guests. Arriving with masks and keeping them on until paddling on the river would be greatly appreciated.
- Children should be closely supervised to keep away from guests outside of your group.
- No handshakes, fist bumps, elbow taps, hugs etc. will be offered or accepted.
- “River Rick” will give instructions and make paddling suggestions from a distance. If needed, he will demonstrate techniques in a separate kayak.
- Family members and individuals that arrive together are encouraged to help one another in and out of kayaks upon launching and returning.
- Exact Cash Requested.
- Arrive with entire amount due.
- Do not expect change.
- NO DISCOUNTS.
- Tips are always welcomed and appreciated!
WHAT TO BRING:
- List with all participants’:
- First and Last Names
- Complete Addresses including Zip
- Driver’s Licenses Numbers
- Telephone Numbers including Area Codes
- Date and Time of Confirmed Reservations
- In addition to “Suggested Items to Bring,” and for the security of all guests, please consider these additional items:
- For your security please bring:
- Hand Sanitizer and/or wipes
- Personal Life Vests
- Extra dose of Patience (REMEMBER: this is supposed to be fun!)
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- Personal kayaks
- Weapons — regardless of permits
- Alcohol or illegal substances
- Bad manners
- Politics (including the politics of the handling of the Corona Virus)
DAYS . MONTHS . HOURS OF OPERATION
Daily, Friday, May 15, 2020 – Saturday, Aug. 15, 2020
Reserve launch times from 8 a.m. to Noon daily — paddle until 3 p.m.
Reservations must be made by phone no earlier than 48-hrs in advance of requested Date/Time after reviewing weather forecast for Bon Secour, AL
- Reservation times made in half-hour increments from 8 a.m. to Noon
- Boats must return to launch by 3 p.m. — regardless of departure time
- Weather permitting:
- Refer to weather radar Bon Secour, AL
- Will not launch during Thunderstorms
- Will not launch during Wind Advisories over 15 knots or predicted Small Craft Advisories Bays/Inlets
- Will not launch during Flash Flooding advisories
Phone calls for Reservations will not be returned days or months we are closed.
- Days/Times/Months of operation are subject to change. Outgoing voicemail messages will inform of most current info.
- Reservations are required by phone only — 251.971.8359
- No email or social media requests accepted
- River Rick will confirm reservations from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. during open days / months of operation.
- When phoning, leave a detailed message. Please speak slowly and clearly (without background noise) and give following info:
- Return Telephone #
- Requested Day and Time
- Number and Types of Boats — Singles, Doubles or Pedal Boat (after reviewing all requested info above)
Note: There is NO PUBLIC LAUNCH at our location. (In other words: there is NO PLACE to launch privately-owned kayaks anywhere near our property).
- It is illegal to impede traffic.
- NO PARKING SIGNS are posted and are strictly enforced.
- No privately owned kayaks are allowed on property.
- Only folks with confirmed kayaking reservations will be allowed on property.
- There is NO VIEW OF THE RIVER from our launch site.
- No TOURS of the property offered.
- No trespassing allowed.
- Gravel road represents a private road.
- No SOLICITING of any kind welcome.
- Pets freely roam.
- Neighborhood Watch in effect.
- Law Enforcement Officers routinely patrol. Tickets will be issued or vehicles towed at your expense if parked in “No Parking” zones.
- Cameras are in use — everywhere.
CASH ONLY — $35 Single Kayaks (Up to 240 lbs) / $75 Double Kayaks (Up to 450 lbs)
PEDAL BOAT AVAILABLE — $50 (Up to 550 lbs Seats 4 )