Parents Who Are Not Kayaking, Yet Consent To Allow Minors 19 yrs And Younger To Participate Under Supervision Of Friends/Relatives/Scout Master/Group/Church Leader, Must:
1.) PRINT AND SIGN “BeachnRiver Contract for Acceptable Behavior Form” (acknowledging parent or guardian has reviewed the rules with their minor child/children)
2.) PRINT AND SIGN THE “BeachnRiver Replacement Cost Form”
3.) PRINT AND SIGN THE “WAIVER OF RELEASE” page and LEGIBLY PROVIDE:
- YOUR NAME,
- NAMES AND AGES OF CHILDREN,
- YOUR CORRECT (LEGIBLE) EMAIL ADDRESS,
- TELEPHONE (Cell Phone Number)
- DRIVER’S LICENSE NUMBER AND STATE OF ORIGIN OF DRIVER’S LICENSE
- FULL AND CORRECT ADDRESS
In the event of damage, consenting parent/adult/guardian will be emailed a photo of damage along with statement of the occurrence and will receive an email bill. BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals reserves the right to take legal action to collect after 30 days unless contacted with payment arrangement.
Consenting adults will be held liable for any damage to private property, boats or equipment and will be charged accordingly to signed replacement fees.
Float Rules Even Kids Can Understand And Follow:
- It is Unacceptable to Use Profanity. Should you breach this request you will be warned, or asked to leave and your payment will be forfeited.
- Be a Good Neighbor to Fellow Boaters — you will come across swimmers, pleasure boaters and fishermen. Be respectful of their right to also enjoy the river.
- DO NOT DOCK THE BOATS — private property owners do not take kindly to trespassing! (The river-front restaurant will deliver a “carry-out” meal to your boat from their dock upon request. You may phone in an order in advance to be delivered to your boat at the dock. BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals does not allow for “parking” of boats– or for use by other folks who have not signed damage/liability releases. REMEMBER: you will pay for any damages to boats and/or equipment.)
- DO NOT Chop or Grab Native Plants — as they provide shelter for fish and wildlife and prevent erosion along river and creek banks.
- DO NOT LITTER!! — be a good steward of the earth. Put your trash (including cigarette butts!) in trash bags.
- Do Not Use Paddles To Push In Sand To Propel Forward. Do Not Use Paddles As “Stand-Up” Paddles —If you get stuck on sand get out of the boat and carry the boat until you are able to float again. Do not force kayaks over tree limbs and log dams.
- It Is Important to Consider Water Moccasins Are Active in the Summer Months — DO NOT put your hands under logs, in holes etc. without first making a great deal of noise. Snakes are easily seen as they swim above the water and will scurry off if frightened by loud noise.
- Do Not Use the Paddles as Weapons or Swords Against One Another. They are not toys. You WILL be liable for any damages to boat and gear.
- Children Under the Age of 10 MUST Wear LIFE JACKETS During the Duration of Float.
- In the Event of Group Functions, RULES MUST BE READ BY ALL PARTICIPANTS and Explained to Minor Children.
Beach’n’River Canoe and Kayak Rentals wants to encourage paddlers to have a memorable and fun adventure. By following these basic rules of the river you will surely have a “Beachin’ Good Time!”