BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals requires reservations NO SOONER THAN 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE of your requested launch time and will not respond to requests by Email, Social Media or by Messaging.
Our most current info will always be on our telephone Outgoing Voicemail Messages — which may contradict the website or other online information. We reserve the right to make changes in Daily Operations, Rates and Policies for any reason, and at any time.
- No Credit Cards or Personal Checks accepted. As a courtesy please arrive with total correct amount. Tips are encouraged and appreciated.
- For your comfort (and to be courteous to others with allergies or sensitivities) please have your BUG SPRAY AND SUNSCREEN ALREADY APPLIED DOWN TO YOUR TOES PRIOR TO ARRIVAL. Application can easily take 5 min. per person and will cause delays. Please be courteous and abide by this request.
- NO CIGARETTE OR CIGAR SMOKING. NO PROFANITY. NO LOUD MUSIC and NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES — INCLUDING ALCOHOL — IS ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY.
- No weapons of any kind are allowed on property regardless of permits.
- No pets or animals of any kind allowed on property.
- Owners reserve the right to inspect any and all BACKPACKS AND COOLERS FOR ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES. Anyone arriving to site visibly impaired by alcohol or illegal substances will have their keys and driver’s license confiscated or be ordered off the property. Authorities will be be contacted and violators will be subject to possible trespassing and criminal charges.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST COMPLETE A MARINE POLICE INFORMATION SHEET WHICH WILL BE HANDED TO POLICE IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY. You may save time by legibly writing on a piece of paper all participants’ :
- TELEPHONE NUMBERS
- DRIVER’S LICENSE NUMBERS OF ALL WHO DRIVE
- STATE OF ORIGIN OF DRIVER’S LICENSE
and bring this paper with you when you arrive. (It is much more comfortable to complete in the comfort of your air-conditioned lodging/home than out in the parking area.)
All participants must read and sign a WAIVER OF LIABILITY FORM ACKNOWLEDGING THEY HAVE READ/UNDERSTAND AND WILL ABIDE BY FLOAT RULES AND are aware of REPLACEMENT FEES. Care must be taken to print legibly.
To facilitate registration with large groups (over 10 kayakers) you may download, print form and bring legibly completed form(s) with signatures and personal info required. If unable to print out forms BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals will provide copies upon arrival.
Holidays and Group Reservations
Groups requesting reservations for greater than 10 kayaks, we ask reservations be made no more than 48 hours in advance and PAID IN FULL.
MEANING: once reservations are made, someone from the party must: Arrive at a pre-determined time 24 hours in advance to pay IN FULL.
- Deliver fully completed required Release of Liability Forms and Marine Police Info
- Legibly printed and signed by all participating adult kayakers
- Current correct complete addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Driver’s license numbers and license state of origin of each kayaker
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED FOR NO SHOWS DURING THE ONE WEEK PRIOR TO AND THE CURRENT WEEKS OF HOLIDAYS. NO EXCEPTIONS (REGARDLESS OF CIRCUMSTANCES).
(To put it bluntly: Holiday weeks are busy everywhere on the island. Demand for kayaking is high. There are limited boats available. When folks reserve, then cancel/no show, they are eliminating a wonderful kayaking experience for other deserving families. We consider that action completely UN-COOL. Therefore, as of Summer 2020, group reservations during HOLIDAY WEEKS will pay in advance or risk “first-come” “first-serve” status.)
To faciliate the registration process we ask there be ONE individual act as “Group Leader” who will phone in:
- Desired Date and Time
- Desired Number and Types of Kayaks (keeping weight limitations in mind)
- Disclose if there are any children under 10 and Elderly
To get your group in the water quickly:
- Print a legible list of all participants on a sheet of paper
- PRINT and have all participants Sign Liability Release Info and include
- Complete addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Driver’s license numbers of all who have licenses
- Read/Review (and review with minor children) the Rules, Replacement Cost Info, Liability Release Info, F.A.Q. and Suggested Items To Bring
- Collect all monies
- Please honor your reserved times and the number of boats requested. If changes need to be made, please give us the courtesy of communicating your changes by leaving a voicemail message at least 4 hours in advance, so that we may allow others to enjoy the kayaking experience.
- Advise all kayakers to apply sunscreen and bugspray prior to arrival.
- The “Group Leader” is also to instruct all members of the group to be silent and attentive while given instructions.
- Obey all requests given by “River Rick” or BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals’ representatives and ask group members to defer to your leadership/authority.
NOTE: BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals feel our Rates are fair — and we treat all our guests fairly and equally. Please do not phone to ask for “Group Discounts” or discounts of any kind.
Pop up showers are to be expected daily during Summer season and can last from a few minutes to an hour. We cannot guarantee you will not get rained upon.
No Refunds or Discounts will be offered in the event you get rained upon. If it is raining at our location during your arrival, “River Rick” may suggest a later departure time. (Please check local interactive weather radars for the Bon Secour, AL area prior to arriving. Often it is raining in downtown Foley/Gulf Shores/Orange Beach/Ft. Morgan beaches yet we do not get a drop of rain).
All participants should arrive expecting to get wet. Your feet WILL get wet and possibly dirty. DRESS ACCORDINGLY.
Photos and Social Media Sharing
No expectations should be made that photos will be taken of you or your group — or that they will be posted on Facebook/Social Media or be emailed to you.
If you would like photos of your experience, please bring a camera or cell phone in a suitable dry-bag or waterproof case.
We consider it unacceptable and a violation of privacy to video or photograph other guests on our property without first obtaining Signed Waivers or Model Releases from each guest present.
If we find any Media taken illegally and posted on Social Media or on the Web we may:
- Request a removal
- Report you in violation of our rules. WE TAKE PRIVACY CONCERNS SERIOUSLY.
“Beachin’ Betty” requests NO PHOTOS BE TAKEN OF HER or of the property without express WRITTEN permission.
REMEMBER: you are on private property. Please RESPECT MY PRIVACY and honor this request. I will remind ONE TIME. The second time I will request you leave the property and you will forfeit any monies paid.
Photos posted of “Beachin’ Betty” on any form of Social Media/Internet blogs/websites without a Signed Model Release will be asked to be removed and/or reported as a violation.
The premises have security cameras in use.