- BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals does not collect a Reservation Deposit. We prefer you phone (Please, one phone message is sufficient —unless making changes — if you speak slowly and clearly —without background noise) with solid reservation information 24-48 Hours in advance of your desired Day/Time after reviewing Weight Limitations, the Weather, “Float Rules” and “Frequently Asked Questions” .
- We ask you be honorable individuals and uphold your agreed upon Reservation Day/Time and Number of Boats Requested.
- No Credit Cards or Personal Checks accepted. As a courtesy please arrive with total correct amount. Tips are encouraged and appreciated.
- For your comfort (and to be courteous to others with allergies or sensitivities) please have your BUG SPRAY AND SUNSCREEN ALREADY APPLIED DOWN TO YOUR TOES PRIOR TO ARRIVAL. Application can easily take 5 min. per person and will cause delays. Please be courteous and abide by this request.
- We request all guests arrive 15 minutes prior to their reservation time. If running late more than 15 minutes past your reserved time please phone and leave a courtesy message.
- NO CIGARETTE OR CIGAR SMOKING. NO PROFANITY. NO LOUD MUSIC and NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES — INCLUDING ALCOHOL — IS ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY. PERIOD. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No weapons of any kind are allowed on property regardless of permits.
- No pets or animals of any kind allowed on property.
- Owners reserve the right to inspect any and all BACKPACKS AND COOLERS FOR ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES. Anyone arriving to site visibly impaired by alcohol or illegal substances will have their keys and driver’s license confiscated or be ordered off the property. Authorities will be be contacted and violators will be subject to possible trespassing and criminal charges.
- Reservation times include 15 minutes prior to 30 minutes after return. No loitering allowed.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST COMPLETE A MARINE POLICE INFORMATION SHEET WHICH WILL BE HANDED TO POLICE IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY. You may save time by legibly writing on a piece of paper all participants’ NAMES, AGES, ADDRESSES, TELEPHONE NUMBERS, DRIVER’S LICENSE NUMBERS (of all who drive) AND STATE OF ORIGIN OF DRIVER’S LICENSE and bring this paper with you when you arrive. (It is much more comfortable to complete in the comfort of your air-conditioned lodging/home than out in the parking area.)
All participants must read and sign a WAIVER OF LIABILITY FORM ACKNOWLEDGING THEY HAVE READ/UNDERSTAND AND WILL ABIDE BY FLOAT RULES AND REPLACEMENT FEES. Care must be taken to print legibly. To facilitate registration with large groups (over 10 kayakers) you may download, print forms and bring completed forms. If unable to print out forms BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals will provide copies upon arrival.
- International guests MUST provide a photocopy of passport.
Parents Who Are Not Kayaking, Yet Consent To Allow Minors 19 yrs And Younger To Participate Under Supervision Of Friends/Relatives/Scout Master/Group/Church Leader, Must:
1.) PRINT AND SIGN “RULES” (acknowledging parent or guardian has reviewed the rules with their minor child/children)
2.) PRINT AND SIGN THE “REPLACEMENT COST”
3.) PRINT AND SIGN THE “WAIVER OF RELEASE” page and LEGIBLY PROVIDE YOUR NAME, PROVIDE NAMES AND AGES OF CHILDREN, YOUR CORRECT (LEGIBLE) EMAIL ADDRESS, TELEPHONE, (Cell Phone Number) DRIVER’S LICENSE NUMBER AND STATE OF ORIGIN OF DRIVER’S LICENSE, FULL AND CORRECT ADDRESS AND CREDIT CARD INFORMATION .
- Consenting adults will be held liable for any damage to private property, boats or equipment and will be charged accordingly to signed replacement fees. In the event of damage, consenting parent/adult/guardian will be emailed a photo of damage along with statement of the occurrence and will receive an email bill via PAYPAL. BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals reserves the right to take legal action to collect after 30 days unless contacted with payment arrangement.
- Pop up showers are to be expected Daily during Summer and can last from a few minutes to an hour. We cannot guarantee you will not get rained upon. Our expectation is that unless there are Infant Children, Elderly or Handicapped individuals in your group, you will honor your reservation request.
- No Refunds or Discounts will be offered in the event you get rained upon. If it is raining at our location during your scheduled time, “River Rick” may suggest a later departure time or reset for another day. (Please check local interactive weather radars for the Bon Secour, AL area prior to cancelling your reservation. Often it is raining in downtown Foley/Gulf Shores/Orange Beach/Ft. Morgan beaches yet we do not get a drop of rain).
- All participants should arrive expecting to get wet. Your feet WILL get wet and possibly dirty. DRESS ACCORDINGLY.
HOLIDAYS AND GROUP EXPECTATIONS:
For groups requesting greater than 10 kayaks — we ask there be ONE individual act as “Group Leader” who will phone in their desired Reservation Time and request the Number and Types of Boats ( keeping in mind weight limitations) after confirming a FINAL COUNT with their party. To facilitate the reservation process (and to get you on the water sooner), please Collect all Monies and make sure ALL participating kayakers Read/Review (and review with minor children) the Rules, Replacement Cost Info, Liability Release Info, F.A.Q. and Suggested Items To Bring .
- The “Group Leader” is also to instruct all members of the group to be silent and attentive while given instructions, obey all requests given by “River Rick” or BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals’ representatives and to defer to your leadership/authority.
- Please honor your reserved times and the number of boats requested. If changes need to be made, please give us the courtesy of communicating your changes at least 24 hours in advance so that we may allow others to enjoy the kayaking experience.
- BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals feel our Rates are fair — and we treat all our guests equally. Please do not phone to ask for Discounts of any kind.
- No soliciting of any kind is allowed.
PHOTOS AND SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING:
- No expectations should be made that photos will be taken of you or your family — or that they will be posted on Facebook/Social Media or be emailed to you.
- PHOTOS TAKEN AND SHARED VIA SOCIAL MEDIA ARE TO BE CONSIDERED A GIFT — NOT PART OF THE RENTAL FEE — AND NOT TO BE CONSIDERED A PART OF THE KAYAKING EXPERIENCE.
- Photos will only be taken and posted on Facebook/Social Media if time permits — AND AT THE DISCRETION OF “BEACHIN’ BETTY” AND/OR “RIVER RICK.” Please do not email or message about the posting of photos. If your photo was taken but you do not find it on Facebook, it is possible the quality was inferior. Please do not take it personally if you do not find your photos posted online.
- No guarantees will be made for the quality of photos taken — and we cannot be expected to take photos to be “proofed” and approved by guests.
- If you would like photos of your experience, please bring a camera or cell phone in a suitable dry-bag or waterproof case.
- We consider it unacceptable to Video our Premises or other Guests on our Property without obtaining Signed Waivers or Model Releases from each Guest present. If we find any Media taken illegally on Social Media or on the Web we may: 1.) Request a removal 2.) Report you in violation of our rules.
- Beachin’ Betty requests NO PHOTOS BE TAKEN OF HER or of the Property without express WRITTEN permission. REMEMBER: you are on private property. Please RESPECT MY PRIVACY and honor this request. I will remind ONE TIME. The second time I will request you leave the property and you will forfeit any monies paid. Photos posted of Beachin’ Betty on any form of Social Media/Internet without a Signed Model Release may be asked to be removed and/or reported as a violation.
- Unless Instructed Otherwise, PLEASE PARK AND HAVE ALL MEMBERS OF YOUR PARTY REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE(S) UNTIL ALL KAYAKING GUESTS IN YOUR PARTY SIGN NECESSARY “RULES” AND “LIABILITY WAIVERS” and Complete Marine Police Info.
- Please park in spaces designated by owner. Do NOT park in lawn unless authorized to do so.
- Do NOT cross through shrubs, tree-line, fence-line or over chained drive. There may be brambles, broken limbs and hidden and rusted barbed-wire fencing.
- Do NOT PARK in field across from property.
- Arrive 15 minutes before scheduled float to secure paperwork and for discussion, inspection of coolers, etc.
- Groups should arrive 30 minutes prior to reserved time.
- Late arrivals past 15 minutes of scheduled reservation may be deferred to the next available float time (or be re-scheduled for another day) unless there are no other guests scheduled.
- Respect should be given toward parking, pathways and flowerbeds etc.
- The swimming pool is NOT available for paddlers. Owners will kindly request any individuals to stay away from pool and private area ONE TIME. The second request will order individuals off the property. There will be NO REFUNDS for any breach of rules and participants may be refused future entrance onto the property depending on the severity of breach.
- NO TOURS GIVEN. NO PRE-RESERVATION TOURS WILL BE GIVEN. PRIVATE ROAD Begins At Gravel. Please Respect Private Roads/Property. Do Not Trespass.
- THERE IS NO VIEW OF THE RIVER FROM OUR PROPERTY. You cannot see the river where you will float from our property. We provide ample descriptions and videos as well as a Frequently Asked Questions section on the website to answer the most common questions about the experience. We ask you respect our privacy (and the privacy of our neighbors).
- NO ONE WITHOUT A CONFIRMED, VALID RESERVATION WILL BE GIVEN SPECIFIC DIRECTIONS OR ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY. NO WALK-UPS OR DRIVE-UPS ALLOWED. This also means: just because you have kayaked with us, you are not entitled to cross our property to float, swim, picnic or fish off our bank in the future. We will prosecute trespassers!
- We Do NOT offer a Public Launch. Personal Kayaks/Watercraft are NOT ALLOWED to Park or Launch from our location. It is illegal to impede traffic and park alongside the roads. There are no legal or public places to launch Kayaks or Boats anywhere near our location. PRIVATE ROAD BEGINS AT GRAVEL. Violators will be considered as trespassers, authorities will be contacted and vehicles will be towed at your cost.
- The property has surveillance cameras in use.
- Be a Good Neighbor — families that live along the river enjoy the peace and quiet of nature. Please be respectful and keep noise and music to a low level. It is unacceptable to use profanity. Should you breach this request you will be asked to leave and your payment will be forfeited.
- Be a Good Neighbor to Fellow Boaters — you will come across swimmers, pleasure boaters and fishermen. Be respectful of their rights to enjoy the river and give right of way.
- DO NOT DOCK THE BOATS — private property owners do not take kindly to trespassing!
- DO NOT Chop or Grab Native Plants — as they provide shelter for fish and wildlife and prevent erosion along river and creek banks.
- DO NOT LITTER!! — be a good steward of the earth. Put your trash (including cigarette butts!) in trash bags.
- Do Not Use Paddles To Push In Sand To Propel Forward. Do Not Use Paddles As “Stand-Up” Paddles —If you get stuck on sand get out of the boat and carry the boat until you are able to float again. Do not force kayaks over tree limbs and log dams.
- It Is Important to Consider Water Moccasins Are Active in the Summer Months — DO NOT put your hands under logs, in holes etc. without first making a great deal of noise. Snakes are easily seen as they swim above the water and will scurry off if frightened by loud noise.
- Do Not Use the Paddles as Weapons or Swords Against One Another. They are not toys. You WILL be liable for any damages to boat and gear.
- Children Under the Age of 10 MUST Wear LIFE JACKETS During the Duration of Float.
- In the Event of Group Functions, RULES MUST BE READ BY ALL PARTICIPANTS and Explained to Minor Children.
My signature represents that I have read, or have been read and understand the above Rules. I also certify I will abide by the above rules. I also understand and agree to be held personally liable for damages and such damages will be charged in the form of a PAYPAL invoice sent via email.
Single Kayak replacement: $1000
Double Kayak replacement: $2000
Lightweight Paddles: $200
Standard Paddles: $100
Vests regardless of size: $60 apiece
* You may be able to purchase the above equipment for less — we realize this. However we will lose inventory and revenue as a result of damage and turnaround time to replace can take weeks. We may incur higher purchase costs due to price increases, cost to ship and handle etc. OUR LOST TIME = LOST INCOME. Please respect our equipment.
Print Name of Floater: _______________________________________
DEPOSIT PAID: _________________ DEPOSIT RETURNED? _______
Email Address of Responsible Party:
Credit Card Account # ________________________________________
DATE OF EXP. _______________
Print Name of Account Holder: _________________________________ Security Code on back of card (3 numbers) : __________
Address and Billing Telephone Number of Account Holder:
Signature of Account Holder:
Driver’s License # and State of Origin:
Driver’s License Returned? ______________________