Some important “reminders”:
- We are an old-fashioned “mom and pop” operation that happen to LOVE NATURE over technology. (Sorry … Not Sorry!)
- To make the kayaking experience as best we can for everyone, we have expectations of how we’d like our guests to behave. We “invite” only “5-Star” guests who are NICE, POLITE, PATIENT and are Respectful of Nature and others. (Grouches Go Elsewhere!)
- WE DO NOT OWN CELL PHONES Our phone is stuck to our “inside” wall — not to our hips. We are “outdoors” all day. We can’t text. We’ve sworn off email communications and don’t spend time on Social Media. (Not to belabor the obvious, but we can’t respond to texts or messaging.)
- We are open seasonally.
- WE ARE WEATHER DEPENDENT. During “open days/months/hours” we will close (for YOUR safety) when the water is dangerous, small craft wind advisories have been announced for bays/backwaters or it is storming (it is UP TO YOU to be aware of weather conditions — Bon Secour, AL).
- When we are “CLOSED,” WE ARE CLOSED. Just like with any other business, restaurant or attraction, we don’t answer/return phone messages while closed. (Would you write a bad review because you “wanted,” or “hoped” to go to Chick-fil-A on a Sunday only to discover they are closed? If you are inclined to do so, “you” are not our “target” guest. Refer to Bullet Point #2)
- BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals info is listed on several websites/review sites/blogs. They may not have most current info. Please refer to our website at beachnriverkayakrentals.com for accuracy.
- Our outgoing voicemail message explains our most current (SEASONAL) open/close info and refers everyone to BeachnRiverKayakRentals.com where our hours/days/months of operation is listed.
- One should assume that we are CLOSED the months of SEPT, OCT, NOV, DEC, JAN, FEB, MAR, APRIL unless we announce on our outgoing voicemail message and on the website that we are open.
- NO PHONE RESERVATIONS REQUIRED —just show up during open launch times LISTED ON OUR WEBSITE FOR THE CURRENT YEAR.
- If, in the event you phone requesting info that you simply cannot find online, PLEASE LISTEN TO THE ENTIRE VOICEMAIL MESSAGE, then, (if your question is still unanswered), LEAVE A DETAILED MESSAGE WITH YOUR NAME, YOUR QUESTION, and a TELEPHONE NUMBER with WORKING VOICEMAIL SET-UP. We will not return calls with incomplete info — or if your “voicemail is not set-up” or “full.” (Ain’t nobody got enough time for playin’ phone tag!).
- If you don’t have access to the internet? TELL US. We’ll be glad to tell you “all you need to know” about kayaking with BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals. Just be prepared to have at least 15 – 30 min/time available (after working hours and DURING OPEN DAYS/MONTHS of operation).
- In case you have “forgotten?” WE ARE OLD. This is our “retirement FUN!” This “business” is meant to be “Fun for YOU and for us!” If all this “makes you crazy,” or you’d prefer to “deal with” businesses that are up with the latest technology, that accept credit cards and/or can “book” online — better choose another outfitter. We’re OKAY with that — Really. We. Are.
If you feel you need some convincing about what might make BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals a good “fit” for you and your family or group, consider these Five Questions To Ask Yourself Before Choosing a Kayaking Outfitter, (Keep in mind this was written a few years ago when we required reservations. They are no longer needed. Days/Hours have also changed) then head to our our “Review/Testimonials” page and/or watch the several videos on our blog.
Keep in mind: Summer Season is nigh! (short). You wouldn’t want to be a “Johnny Come Lately” — or miss the season entirely — now would ya? (We’ll all be yet another year older! )