We are often asked why we don’t accept “walk ups” or “drive-up’s” to our property.
Since we have several reasons I’ll post as a list:
1) With most “walkups/driveups” kayaking is a “spur of moment” decision. Guests are not prepared for the elements and are often without food, water, sunscreen, hats.
2) They do not know our particular rules. (Such as NO ALCOHOL, no cussin,’ no misbehavin,’ no litterin’ and no loitterin’ )
3) They may not have cash. (We do not accept credit cards or personal checks).
4) Their expectations are to pay by-the-hour and ask for discounts for shorter hours, refunds due to rain predictions etc.
From our personal experiences the net result when we “compromise” is :
- Guests are miserable, they get sunburned, they get over heated and their clothes are dirtied. They often come back early due to storm threats (or overextend their time). They may have to walk their boats back to the launch due to low tide levels or extreme drought. They are often more exhausted. More often than not, they do not offer to write reviews.
So to Summarize: WE VALUE OUR GUEST EXPERIENCE TOO MUCH TO ALLOW “WALK-UPS OR DRIVE-UPS” AND OPERATE ON THE RESERVATION BASIS ONLY.
We want you to have a 5-star experience — hence we recommended advance knowledge of the float and of operations before making reservations. This way the float will match your expectations and you are more likely to have a wonderful experience.