BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals hopes you had a “Beachin'” Good Summer while visiting the Alabama Gulf Coast!
We enjoyed making new friends and re-visiting with old friends. We hope you will consider BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals a pal on Facebook, Twitter and follow our blog and posts until we meet again.
As summer comes to an end and we reflect on our “hits and misses,” we realize although it is difficult to convince guests to wake up early to paddle — early morning paddles means guests return happy, smiling and ready to EAT!
Another plus to early morning launches? Despite the unusual drought, we typically had enough water in the creek to launch without necessitating expedition-style launches.
As the sun now begins to settle in the West, our creek levels change drastically. Tides are earlier in the a.m. and leave us with barely a trickle of water past noon.
We’d like to continue to put guests in the river to paddle but our ability to offer autumn/winter launches will depend on you, our guest, and your willingness to tolerate a walk through cold water and sand for 100 yards to launch or return to the launch site after a paddle. Suggested Items to Bring may need to also include “Suggested Items To Wear” once we get your feedback.
Please know that we consider expedition launches less than ideal but with the right attitude you can consider this just another extension of the “Huck Finn” experience we love to share!
- We will put guests on the river to kayak SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS and MONDAYS — and on a reservation basis only with 24 hours advance notice. Keep in mind we cannot post set hours because times will change according to water levels and temps. ***Beginning Saturday, Aug. 20 we will launch all guests at 8 a.m. until further notice.
- We will honor any reservations we have already made.
Please respect our privacy during closed hours and do not trespass.
- If you would like a “showing” of the property and launch situation we ask that you phone at least 24 hrs in advance and request a reservation during our open days and hours of operation.
- If the gate to our property says “CLOSED” and you enter without express reservation/permission we will consider it trespassing. We hate to be so specific but unfortunately there are always those who think they are “exempt.”
- Be aware cameras are in use throughout the property and on the adjacent street. A diligent neighborhood “watch” will report all trespassers to authorities.
We want to continue to operate a nice, “clean” business — one in which we can offer a unique adventure to our guests, yet be good neighbors to our neighbors. If you were our neighbor you’d want the same courtesies.
Thank you for choosing to support this little “mom and pop” business with your hard-earned dollars. We value you and hope to continue to offer and warrant 5-star reviews and recommendations.
Happy Trails — and may the Beach and River keep a dear place in your memories!
River Rick and Beachin’ Betty